Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My account has recently been hijacked

Solved!

My account has recently been hijacked

TL;DR : Is there a way for me to 1. Unlink all of the devices (including PS4 and mobile) and 2. remove all my payment info, to not pay for the premium incase I will get hijacked in future? Thank you.

Here is a pre-history -

I linked my credit card to get a 30 day trial of Spotify Premium. The day before it ran out I cancelled it. Later, I forgot about spotify in general since I can't listen to music in offline. Yesterday, I've checked my bank transactions, and I've seen that three months in a row, I've been paying £9.99 for spotify premium. I quickly logged on to the spotify account and cancelled the next subscription. I've looked on the "Recover playlists" tab, they had some German playlists saying "Do not delete, Let me listen to music" (My guess, is that my account was used by more than two people) immediately, I signed out of everywhere (using the button on the Spotify website) and changed the password. It was all good for a while, until now, I see someone's PS4 listening to my music, so I logged out of everywhere again - didn't work. I had to use some methods which helped me out - Putting death metal on with highest volume and make him listen to it... He has signed out.

My two qustions are: is there a way to unlink my credit card and all the devices? Thank you!

P.S. I did not use Spotify in public places, noly on my phone and PC, so, I have no idea how I got hacked.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

You can send an email to Spotify. 

use this link; https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-anonymous/

you give them your email address or username. Explain the whole situation.

They will delete all devices from your account. They will also block temporarily the account so no one, including you, can access the account. Then they will have you verify the account so you can recover it. 

Regards,

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi,

You can send an email to Spotify. 

use this link; https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-anonymous/

you give them your email address or username. Explain the whole situation.

They will delete all devices from your account. They will also block temporarily the account so no one, including you, can access the account. Then they will have you verify the account so you can recover it. 

Regards,

Suggested posts