Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My account is being hacked

My account is being hacked

Someone has seized my account, knapman22, and has changed the email and password. I can log in through facebook, but can't change the email/passwords and prevent this person from accessing my music. I can see what they're listening to from my player. They are deleting my playlists, following german rap playlists and are constantly forcing my player to link to other devices that aren't in my vicinity. The person is using the email "[Personal Information removed by Star]" (which I can see from my account page on spotify.com). I attempted to use the Spotify help tool, but it sent on behalf of their email address instead. Please take action against them and allow me back to my music. My email address is[Personal Information removed by Star]

Thank you.

6 Replies

Hi!
Oh No!

Get in touch with @SpotifyCares  on Twitter or through this contact form under this link.

If you choose the second and receive an email telling you to go to this site, answer back to this email even if it's a no-reply email.
Spotify staff will get in contact with you shortly.

Hopefully this gets sorted out!

Seb

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @Froot,

I'm sorry to hear that.

Since account was hacked, it is best to use the alternative contact form so that you can specify an email for support to reply back to:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-anonymous/

Let me know if this helps!

BittencourtSpotify Star

Oh no, so sorry this happened

Try contaced the spotify hotline https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-anonymous/

while youre waiting changing your passcode or other login in information is key.

Hope this helped

The exact same person hacked mine and even tried to add someone to my family plan.  Now I can't change my password and because their email is in there.  Spotify really needs to enable two factor authentication or provide a link to confirm when someone changes email on the account as it just let them do it.  

The same thing happen to me with a latino guy which deleted my playlist etc..and added latino music.

But the "smart" guy had set up spotify connect with his Yamaha receiver. I tried to log him out, but he was there even after I had changed my password.

Since I could control his receiver, the solution was easy. In the middle of the night I played death metal with 100% volume, after a couple of minutes, he tried to stop the music and turn the volume down, but I raised again and again. 10 minutes later, he was gone from my spotify account. Have not seen him since.

Hey @xSt0rmx and @mazzydan,

You can also vote for this idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/2-factor-authentication/idi-p/1017889

Let's hope it's implemented soon.

BittencourtSpotify Star

Suggested posts