Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My account is being really weird and I don't know how to fix it.

My account is being really weird and I don't know how to fix it.

Plan

Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

iPhone 7 / desktop pc

Operating System

iOS 14.4 / windows 10

My Question or Issue

So I switched to Spotify yesterday and added all my playlists and stuff but the next morning they were gone. I still saw them but they didnt load and said "content unavailable".

Now I recreated one of them just to see but it doesn't show up and if I log in / out it disappears. The playlist I made still exists but I can't get it to show up in the playlists tab and I can only access it via the link which I saved to my bookmarks.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7yg9JdP5ZNLnAkGot1Po3u

I also cant create playlists via the web player when I click on "Create playlist" nothing happens. Is there any way to fix this and make sure my playlists are all synced / don't disappear?

Things I have tried:

• Going into offline mode for 5 minutes and turning it back on
  • Logging out on all devices for ~5 minutes and logging back in
  • Reinstalling spotify

Edit: I also can't delete the playlist I linked. When I try to literally nothing happends.

7 Replies

Hey @Alfoo,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

This can happen if you uses any tools to transfer playlists between services, accounts or if our Customer Support team transfers content as well.

Can you confirm if you only use the web player? If that's the case, can you download the actual app?

Also - can you create a new playlist when you're using the app and leave it empty and let us know how if it works?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

This is happening with me too!

I tried using a 3rd Party Tool to help me transfer playlists from another service. However, that did not work.

Now my playlist isn't syncing or even showing up on both my phone and desktop app. Please help!

Hey @shahrukh340,

Thank you for your reply and the provided information in this thread.

Can you create a new playlist when you're using the app and leave it empty and let us know how if it works?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

I created a new empty playlist on my phone but it did not show up on my desktop app.

Moreover, when I restarted the app on my phone, the playlist completely disappeared.

Hello sorry for not updating my post but my problem got solved. I used the chat support and the advisor said I had to make a new account which I did and all my stuff got transferred so its virtually the same. 

Thanks a lot for trying to help me though!

I just checked my old account and it seems to be alright I can see all the playlists I had lost which an advisor confirmed were deleted. So maybe give it a few days and see if anything changes. Also try going to the website and account > apps and deny access to whatever tool you used. 

Hey folks,

Definitely go to the Apps settings in your Account overview page and remove access to any third party apps that you used to manage your library.

Even if initially successful, they might actually cause issues later on and we cannot provide too much support for those, as they're not managed by us.

Keep us posted if the situation normalizes after a couple of days after removing access and if you still need help with anything.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

Suggested posts