Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My account is disabled

My account is disabled

My account is disable.  I recently purchase a year promo code and entered it last month.  I dont know why it would be disabled

9 Replies

@knabb23 wrote:

My account is disable.  I recently purchase a year promo code and entered it last month.  I dont know why it would be disabled

Hi, I believe Spotify have been disabling accounts with invalid premium codes. Did you buy your code from Spotify?

I bought it off a website HTF Deals.  Was this a scam?

@knabb23 wrote:

I bought it off a website HTF Deals.  Was this a scam?

I cannot be certain, but possibly. I'll ask a moderator to get in touch with you to confirm.

As always, we can only ever recommend purchasing a Spotify subscription through our website (or through an in-store gift card).

I don't have the specifics of what has happened to your account but I can see a new account was created today. Feel free to carry on using this one from now on.

And remember that if something looks too good to be true online, it probably is.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

@Richard wrote:

As always, we can only ever recommend purchasing a Spotify subscription through our website (or through an in-store gift card).

I don't have the specifics of what has happened to your account but I can see a new account was created today. Feel free to carry on using this one from now on.

And remember that if something looks too good to be true online, it probably is.

Too true!

I am also going to say that it looks like a large number of accounts with premium codes bought from that particular vendor have also been disabled, as I can see on the community.

Be careful where you buy items from!

Is there a way to get my account back.  I made this account today so I could post my issue.  I can just update my credit card info.  I would like to get my playlist back

@knabb23 wrote:

Is there a way to get my account back.  I made this account today so I could post my issue.  I can just update my credit card info.  I would like to get my playlist back

Hang tight, the team who deal with these sorts of things will get back to you as soon as possible about your account. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Richard can you look into my case? case number: 00729154

Suggested posts