My account is not working

Plan

Free

Country

U.S. (was), South Korea (now)

Device

Samsung

Operating System

Android (Samsung) & Windows (spotify website)

My Question or Issue

Hello, I've been using spotify app for about 9 months, and everything suddenly stopped.

Below are what happened and how it is not working.

Here's what happened:

I used to use Spotify app in the U.S. until about a month ago (from July 2022 to Feb 2023). Until then, everything worked perfectly.

Then, I moved to South Korea. Spotify app informed me that I should change the country settings bc it only allows me 15 days to use the app abroad.

So I did as I was told. I went to my account settings in the website and changed my country from U.S. to South Korea.

Then, I didn't open (or use) the app for about a week.

And when I started the app after a week passed, nothing showed up. The app literally showed nothing.

Detailed explanation of the problem:

When I start the app, it only shows plans. I can't see any playlists, searches, recommendations, etc. The screen only says "start a new plan bla bla bla"

Before, there were about 4 (I think?) tools/option bars at the bottom of the screen. There were search, my playlist, good evening, and premium.

And now, all those buttons are gone and only the "premium" button shows up.

Obviously, I tried logging in and out for couple hundred times. I even tried deleting the app and reinstalling it until my phone went dead.

I also tried logging into the spotify website.

And... again, I couldn't play my playlists. When I logged in, the "get spotify premium" button popped up. As you can guess, various plan options were written on it, and nothing else.

It did show me the "subscribe" and "log out" buttons, but nothing else. No closing buttons (Xs) or "try later" buttons. When I clicked "subscribe," it just made me see those plans again. I couldn't close the pop-up, which means that I couldn't click on to my playlists, or even see them.

Please, anyone, help me. I am sick of listening to random Youtube songs, and not my playlists.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

Let us explain a bit more about what is happening here. The reason why you're seeing this pop up message is slightly different than the regular account issues and it's related to your recent country change

Unfortunately, the Free plan is currently not available in every market. With that being said, in order to use Spotify in South Korea, you must have Basic, Premium Individual or Duo plan. More info about available plan can be found here.

It is common that not all subscription types are available initially when Spotify launches in a new region. Rest assured, we're always looking into opportunities to expand offers and available subscriptions on a case-by-case basis for each region.

Hope this clear things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

hey have you tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling the app the works sometimes and i been in the same situation on my computer

web_player.png

I did try that like couple hundred times lol

ok can you provide a screenshot so i can see what your dealing with so i can pass it to the Content team.

if this answers your question hit the "Accept as Solution"., maybe give me a Like. follow myspotify emoji.png? and community account here.keep up the good work and keep on growing the community! 
(click on the spotify care emoji to go to my spotify)
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

Let us explain a bit more about what is happening here. The reason why you're seeing this pop up message is slightly different than the regular account issues and it's related to your recent country change

Unfortunately, the Free plan is currently not available in every market. With that being said, in order to use Spotify in South Korea, you must have Basic, Premium Individual or Duo plan. More info about available plan can be found here.

It is common that not all subscription types are available initially when Spotify launches in a new region. Rest assured, we're always looking into opportunities to expand offers and available subscriptions on a case-by-case basis for each region.

Hope this clear things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Oh that's sad but I get it

So you mean I should get a new plan bc free plan is not available in South Korea, correct?

Then, is there any way for me to use the Spotify app as the U.S. version (which has free plans available) in South Korea?

@yoonyuny

Thank you for commenting here in the Community!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Unfortunately, no. Spotify does not offer its free plan in South Korea, so you will need to get a paid subscription in order to use the app in South Korea. There is no way to access the U.S. version of the app in South Korea.

Suggested posts