Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My account is stuck with the wrong country and my family can't join my family plan

Solved!

My account is stuck with the wrong country and my family can't join my family plan

Plan

Family

Country

Address is set to Hong Kong but somehow country is USA

Device

Any

Operating System

Any

My Question or Issue

Hi, I've just signed up for the Family plan today, and I originally used my business credit card which is a US-based card even though I live in Hong Kong. When the system tells me I'm mismatched with my address I've changed my payment method back to my personal HK-based card.

In my account it looks like my address is set to my correct HK address, but my fiancee is not able to join the plan with the message that our addresses are not the same. My account also says "US" under country.

Is there any way to fix this? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @FrankieY,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

I'm afraid your wife won't be able to join the plan as long as your account country settings don't match. You will only be able to add her to your plan after the Premium time that was paid for with the US payment method is spent and your account updated with a payment method issued in the country of your residence. This is due to various technical and legal reasons.

Hope this information is useful. Let us know if you have any other questions.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi there @FrankieY,

Welcome to the Community! We're happy to shed some light on the situation.

The country your account is set up on always matches the payment method you've entered when signing up for a subscription. If you later update your payment details to change your country settings, this will take effect on your next billing date, which can be checked on your account page, under Your plan.

With that said, you'll have to wait for the Premium period activated with the previous payment method to end before the country settings will change to your actual location at which point you'll be able to invite your family members to join your Family plan.

Hope this answers your question. Give us a shout if there's anything else yo need help with.

XeniaModerator

Thanks @Xenia, is there any way for her to be able to join my family plan? She'd just cancelled her premium today to get ready to join but we're not able to right now.

Marked as solution

Hey @FrankieY,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

I'm afraid your wife won't be able to join the plan as long as your account country settings don't match. You will only be able to add her to your plan after the Premium time that was paid for with the US payment method is spent and your account updated with a payment method issued in the country of your residence. This is due to various technical and legal reasons.

Hope this information is useful. Let us know if you have any other questions.

XeniaModerator

Suggested posts