Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My account is treated as a new account - all music is missing. please help

Solved!

My account is treated as a new account - all music is missing. please help

Hello,

Something funky is ha[ppening to my account. I log in and it treates me as a new user, even though I have been using Spotify for months. Is there any way to restore all my music?

Otherwise I'd have to go back to Grooveshark 😞

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Use the contact form I linked above and the spotify team will help you to get things working.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

There was mismatch between my facebook login and normal login. Customer support changed it to only one account and the issue was resolved for me.

View solution in original post

90 Replies

I'm having the exact same issue

I can login to spotify at first, then i get the "welcome to spotify screen"

when i click "already a spotify user" and try to login it tells me "invalid username/password"

i have this linked to my facebook, is there any way to fix this and retrieve all my settings and playlists?

please help!

Happened to me too on Saturday, still having issues.

Kittnmittnz - Yours is a little odd. I'm just emailing you know, so keep an eye on your inbox.

Beuller43 - Can you try logging in with your username 'beuller43' and your Spotify password. This will make sure you access your original account.

Scapegoat130 - Could you log in with the username 'scapegoat130' and your original Spotify password. You will then see all your playlists again. This is your original account.

Beuller43 and Scapegoat130, once you are logged in, you'll be able to reconnect to Facebook.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Sam, can you resend the email to the different address. Same username, just @gmail.com instead of @ymail.com

My yahoo is blocked at work.
Thankds!

Kittnmittnz - Just done it. Have a quick look in your inbox.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

my issue has been solved, thanks sam!

I have the exact same issue.

All my music was missing when i logged into my account a few days ago.

I made some new playlists because everything was gone.

Now my account somehow reverted to my old playlists and but new playlists are gone.

The username and password are exactly the same, because they are facebook credentials.

I only have one facebook account, i was just hoping if there is a way to recover my new playlists.

Help.

Thanks

The same happened to me a few days ago. After reading these posts, I tried another log in name, and still my playlists are deleted (minus the three I added the other day). I was downgraded to normal when this happened. Now, a few days later, I sign in, and it says I am a premium user. But sadly, still missing my playlists. Please help!

Amie LeeKing

This has now happened three times.  I have also been charged twice this month (I sent an e-mail regarding this earlier). I've only ever signed on with Facebook.   This is very frustrating.  

Freeman675 & Amieleeking - It looks like your accounts have been sorted. You guys should be good to go.

Sweeneysign - Your case is a little different. I would suggest getting in touch with our payments team. Just go to 'About Us' (above) and then 'Contact Form'. They'll get back to you as soon as they can.

-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Same things been happening to me, i've got the getting started screen, all my starred music is gone and so is my playlists, is this because im on a new computer?

jacobayenamayi - You have 2 accounts here. You can log into different ones by using your Facebook details or the username 'manuchampions'. Which one is your original account?
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

I've been having similar issues with my music and information since I deactivated my facebook for a bit. Because I created my Spotify account with my Facebook login information, when I deactivated it, Spotify wouldn't let me login, so I created a new account here, and managed to link that with facebook, which inadvertently re-activated facebook... But all my playlists and music are gone.

I've tried to login with the different accounts to try and get my playlists back, but no go. Is there any chance of restoring my music?

Sorry, forgot to include the account number that's associated (or was associated) with my facebook: 12631170

Much thanks!

Please help me!

I experience problems with my account Spotify. The account I'm using is logged in with facebook and the username is called "Salvo Cutaia". I had another account created years ago called "Yorba84" that I'm not using anymore. A friend has connected his profile from the spotify software on my mac and since then I cannot connect with  the "Salvo Cutaia" user anymore like before. I tried everything but I cannot solve the problem. 

YesterdayIfinallymanagedtoconnectwiththe "SalvoCutaia" accountputtingtheFacebookmailandmyFacebookpasswordbuttheaccountwasnotanymorelikebefore: itwasempty, withoutcontacts, withoutplaylists. Everything was gone!

And still it remains this "Yorba84" account and I am redirected into it.

guys I've been using it for months and now it's empty..please help me..

thanks 🙂 

SalvoCutaia - Please contact us here: http://spoti.fi/LcmHYK

We'll then be able to get it sorted.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Ive had spotify premium for months and everything was working great and I had some fantastic playlists. Something weird happened and now I dont have premium anymore and all my playlists are gone. When I originally started my account it was through FB. I'm not sure if that is contributing to the problem. I tried logging in with my FB email/password and the spotify account email/password (which is bascially still a FB login). Tried reinstalling, logging in and out like 20 times and nothing but chaos. What can I do to fix this ASAP?

PLEASE HELP! I WANT MY MUSIC BACK.

@user-removed - you will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you recovering your old account. There appears to have been an issue with one of the most recent clients creating duplicate accounts for a small number of people. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts