Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My account is treated as a new account - all music is missing. please help

Solved!

My account is treated as a new account - all music is missing. please help

Hello,

Something funky is ha[ppening to my account. I log in and it treates me as a new user, even though I have been using Spotify for months. Is there any way to restore all my music?

Otherwise I'd have to go back to Grooveshark 😞

Thanks

90 Replies

Just got this problem yesterday that all my playlist is gone, i have like a new account which is weird and the funny thing about this is when i use my other i account i have its all normal and when i search for my normal account that i have linked to facebook i have all playlist and everything..

So why is everything gone?? 😕

Thanks jwylot, I have submitted my issue in the contact form and will reply back even if it says not to. 

thanks Peter,

you were right the mail was in spam. I replied to the same mail sent by Maria Ilaria Fanari. I hope this will help to solve the problem finally. Should I do something else? 

best,

Salvo

@SalvoCutaia wrote:

thanks Peter,

you were right the mail was in spam. I replied to the same mail sent by Maria Ilaria Fanari. I hope this will help to solve the problem finally. Should I do something else? 

best,

Salvo

That should bump your case in the system and the customer service guys can take it from there 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I dont know what im doing but everything is going so wrong right now...

I got my normal account back but is it possible to connect it back to facebook?? I dont wanna lose everyone i followed and those who followed me and my playlists... plz help me im going crazy soon.. 

Btw i posted here with my fb account named Lanzern but i cant login to that anymore because i connected my Painkiller^ account to that fb account again so i dont know what happening so plz help me !!

Btw this is my account name i get when i search for my account i had before all this happend  1118358619 

@Tinnitus92 - Just to clarify, are you logging into the client using your Spotify username or your email address? And can you see your playlists on that account?

Peter

Peter

When i login with my spotify username i have all the old playlist i had before i connected to facebook and when i login with my fb account i got nothing.. but when i search for my fb account on my other spotify account i have its all normal but the name is all those numbers..

Hi Tinnitues92 - You can easily link your FB back to your painkiller account. Just follow the steps outlined here

While we can help you with your playlists, you can't transfer followers/ following from one account to the other. Once you're linked to FB you should be able to find those friends easily. 

Yea i know but when i connect to facebook i log out from my painkiller^ account and login with my facebook i still dont have all my playlist or anything left and this is starting to getting me mad so im gonna start a new account soon and start all over again?

When i login with my facebook it says login with painkiller blabla.

Btw you can see that i dont have any playlist there..

i got a screenshot of it here:

http://imgur.com/rQ5jHcu

@Tinnitus92 wrote:

Yea i know but when i connect to facebook i log out from my painkiller^ account and login with my facebook i still dont have all my playlist or anything left and this is starting to getting me mad so im gonna start a new account soon and start all over again?

When i login with my facebook it says login with painkiller blabla.

Btw you can see that i dont have any playlist there..

i got a screenshot of it here:

http://imgur.com/rQ5jHcu

If you have got to the account you want to use but your missing your playlists, if you drop support an email here which you previous account details (or email addresses) they can easily get those playlists copied over for you, although as @meahtenoha said above they can't copy followers. 

Peter

Peter

Oh never mind im just gonna make a new account with my facebook and copy my playlists from my other account or can you just connect my facebook to this account which used to be my account? 

@meahtenoha wrote:

Hi Tinnitues92 - You can easily link your FB back to your painkiller account. Just follow the steps outlined here

Did you already follow the steps I linked to in the post above? That will link painkiller to your FB so you no longer have this problem. 

Okey so this is what i did, i connected my FB to spotify i logged out and logged in with my FB but i still have my very old playlist, my name in the corner is still my spotify username.

Btw i now remember what i did to make this happen, i had spotify on and FB and i accidently deleted a spotify thing on FB in my applications so i dont know if this help anything but i can leave my spotify connected for a few days and see if it will change anything.

@Tinnitus92 - What is your Spotify username? 

Can pull up your profile and see what is being displayed publically. 

Peter

Peter

my spotify username is Painkiller^

@Tinnitus92 wrote:

my spotify username is Painkiller^

That username shows as being attached to Facebook of Mattias ******** (hiding surname for privacy). Is that correct? 

Peter

Peter

Yea thats my name.

Strange, I'd suggest a clean reinstallation of the client and see if that makes any difference? 

Peter

Peter

Are you signing in with your 'Painkiller^' username? I'm seeing about 30 playlists on that account. Are you seeing any of those? 

@Peter : I can try to reinstall and see what happens. 

@

Suggested posts