Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My account is treated as a new account - all music is missing. please help

Solved!

My account is treated as a new account - all music is missing. please help

Hello,

Something funky is ha[ppening to my account. I log in and it treates me as a new user, even though I have been using Spotify for months. Is there any way to restore all my music?

Otherwise I'd have to go back to Grooveshark 😞

Thanks

90 Replies

Hello,

Spotify treats me like a new user. All my playlists and followers are gone. Can u please help me to get back my music? That would be awesome! 🙂

Ditto for me. I don't know why all my playlists disappeared. Would appreciate any help! Thanks!

@user-removed and @denisedang - Try the steps in this post to see if they can get you back to your original account. If they don't please use the link at the bottom of that post to get in touch with support and they will be able to lend a hand. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the quick reply. I put in a request to Customer Support yesterday for more help after I tried the method a couple of times and nothing worked. I haven't recieved anything back yet except the auto reply, which I replied back to...

Give it another 24 hours (sometimes the guys get a little bit busy), if you don't hear anything back, drop a post here or PM me with your case number and I will escalate it further for you. 😉

Peter

Peter

I am having similar issues to everyone else. This started a few weeks ago. My Spotify accounts were logged out across several devices (mobile and computer) and when I logged back in (I use Facebook) I lost all of my starred playlists.

I have since starred new music and added new playlists, but would really like my old stuff back. I had 250+ starred songs that I curated heavily, and miss quite a bit.

If you like I can provide my username/details, and Facebook details.

Thanks!

@wowbagger - Have you tried to see if you can restore those playlists yourself from your online account?:

https://www.spotify.com/account/recover-playlists/

Peter

Peter

Yes, they are not listed at the link you provided.

@wowbagger wrote:

Yes, they are not listed at the link you provided.

In that case this might require a little more digging. 

If you could get in touch with the support team directly here they can have a look in the database for you 😉 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Hi Peter,

i tried your solution but it didn't work. Now the situation is that i have 2 logins: One by my Facebook user name with the changed pw. The other is my Spotify nummer and my old Facebook pw. I contacted Spotify support twice but that was 2 Days ago. 😞

@user-removed - Did you reply to the automated email reply? If not, if you could do that now it will bump your case in the system.

Peter

Peter

Hello,

I am having a simlar problem. I have been a premium user for several months now. I have 5 or 6 playlists that I listen to everyday at work. Today when I went to spotify on my phone everything was normal, but after I selected a song it got weird. The song played for a few seconds and then stopped. I looked at my phone and it said I was no longer a premium member. Today after work I got home and reentered all of my debit card info and email and all of that good stuff and am now a premium member again under the same username as before. But all of my playlists are gone and I have no saved music or anything. It sounds like a similar problem to the problem originally on this thread. If you have any advice it would be much appreciated. Email me at <email address removed> with any advice please!

Thanks a ton,

Eli

EDIT I removed your email address to protect your privacy

I think you have created a new account and the danger now is that you will be charged twice every month. Please get in touch with the payment team using the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted.

If you get an automated reply directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly (even though it says not to) to speed things along.

Do i get help or are you just gonna ignore my problem??

Your last post said you were going to try a clean reinstall and I guess your edit got missed. I think you need to involve the support guys directly. 

Use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated reply directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly (even though it says not to) to speed things along.

@Tinnitus92 wrote:

Do i get help or are you just gonna ignore my problem??

Okey thanks!

Hi.

I got a similar problem with my playlist, but Spotify is also treating me as a 'free user', when I've already payed for Spotify Unlimited. So when I check the status of my Account online I can't find that any payment has been done, but checking to my bank accout the money has been drawn...

How can I fix this? I don't want money to be drawn without the opportuinty for me to cancell the subscription.. And I would be glad to have my playlists back 🙂

/Nicklas

@Nille90 

You've logged in using different credentials from those on which you have a subscription by the sound of it. If your account was created with a facebook login, you need to log out and back in making sure to use your facebook credential (email address/facebook password). If it was created using a spotify username then log out and back in using the username/spotify password.

If neither of these return you to the account with a subscription, use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated reply directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly (even though it says not to) to speed things along.

Hey! I have the same problem as mentioned a few times in this topic, but by reading the replies i still don't really know how to solve it 😞

At starting spotify asked me to reconnect with FB again. I got the welcome screen and the only way to get spotify to work was to click on 'New User'. Since I only have a FB account, clicking New user somehow deleted all of my content and I can't seem to get it back.

Marked as solution

Use the contact form I linked above and the spotify team will help you to get things working.

Suggested posts