Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My account seems to have been deleted overnight.

My account seems to have been deleted overnight.

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone SE

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I made this account just so I could post this, but my actual account doesn't seem to exist anymore. I last used it two days ago, but when I went to use it today, I had been signed off of all my devices, and my username and password no longer worked. Unfortunately the email associated with it is defunct, so I can't recover the account, and I have no idea why it seems to have simply ceased to exist. I had been on a family premium plan, but even if that had ended (which I don't believe it has), I don't think that would have deleted my account. Is there any way to recover it?

4 Replies

Ask the owner of the family subscription to access their account on the Spotify desktop website and check the "Premium for Family" tab (https://www.spotify.com/au/family/overview/). It'll have all the users active on the account. Check to see if your account is still active in the subscription and if any unknown accounts are now associated with the subscription. Hopefully no one has hijacked your Spotify account and changed your username and associated email address. That may be one explanation to why your account has randomly disappeared. Also, try searching for your playlists if you remember the name of them.

I will definitely make sure to check with them, but I can't at the moment as it's pretty late where I am.

Seems quite a few users are having the issue as well (https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/bd-p/spotifyaccountrelated)
May be an issue on Spotify's end. Time will tell!

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

If your email address is no longer active, the best thing to do is to reach out to our Customer Support team here. They'll be able to help you update your email address to your current one so that you can reset your password.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any further questions 😉

Suggested posts