Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My account was hacked and I took it back, but..

Solved!

My account was hacked and I took it back, but..

Hello!

My premiumaccount was hacked, has anyone had the sam experience as me?

I sent yhis message to spotify support:
This fridag (4 of March 2014) I discovered that my account was hacked. Luckily enough the "hacker" didnt change my password and email adress so I could take it back! I now have changed password. The hacker had changed my birth of date and my zip code and I changed them back. Sadly the hacker had removed all of my playlists and replaced it with weird danish racist music, I could only recover one of my old playlists. Now to my questions:'
How could this happen?
Does the hacker still have access to my account?
I never share music, but the hacker has shared a lot in my namn. Can you erase that?
My playlists, are they forever gone?
My kreditcard, was it possible for the hacker to see my kreditcard information?
Best regards  Elveril

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Evleril - Hey, I'm sorry you had to go through that! 
Now - you can try recovering your lost playlists here: https://www.spotify.com/us/account/recover-playlists/

I think that if you change your password the "hacker" can not access your account anymore but you should reset your offline devices  from here: https://www.spotify.com/us/account/offline-devices/ . There also you can find more information about the devices your account was used with. 

Unfortunately, if the hacker had your password and accessed your account from spotify.com he could see your credit card information from the "Overview". 

P.S. You should click the "Sign our everywhere" button in the Account overview. That will have the hacker kicked out of your account 🙂 

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Unfortunately, if the hacker had your password and accessed your account from spotify.com he could see your credit card information from the "Overview". 

They only would have been able to see the last 4 digits of the card number, so your card details should be safe. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

It seems that I'm having the same issue. Somebody has entered to my account, changed my email address and fill it with many music I don't like. Also I have some sex messages in my facebook account...

I have already changed my facebook password but I'm still having the same problem. I'm not able to change the email in my account since it doesn't recognize my password...

Could anybody help?

Thank you           

Marked as solution

@Evleril - Hey, I'm sorry you had to go through that! 
Now - you can try recovering your lost playlists here: https://www.spotify.com/us/account/recover-playlists/

I think that if you change your password the "hacker" can not access your account anymore but you should reset your offline devices  from here: https://www.spotify.com/us/account/offline-devices/ . There also you can find more information about the devices your account was used with. 

P.S. You should click the "Sign our everywhere" button in the Account overview. That will have the hacker kicked out of your account 🙂 

Marked as solution

They only would have been able to see the last 4 digits of the card number, so your card details should be safe. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

True! My bad 🙂 

Thank you, I feel a bit safer now 🙂

I had a similar situation and I changed my password and "took back"my account, but now I am left with another person's ugly profile picture and hundreds of horrible songs messing up my playlists and discover options.  Do I have to go through and remove each terrible song individually?  And how can I change this picture? The app gives me no options to do so on my mobile or on my laptop.  How can I scrub my account clean of this terrible hacker's gross legacy?

Suggested posts