My account was hacked by someone else

My account was hacked by someone else

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 8

My account was logged into by another person that I know, and they then changed the email associated with the account and the password. They then logged out of all devices and I’m locked out of my own Spotify account. Is there any way that you guys can help me get it back? It’s premium and I’m paying for it still and it has over 1000 of my songs. (This new account is one I just created to get ahold of support)  

3 Replies

Hi @Punjabi991

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Please, check this support article on what to do if someone has gained access to your account.

Make sure to follow the steps provided there. Since your email has been changed, go straight to the step 2. 

Make sure to check this article as well, in order to protect your Spotify account. 

I hope it helps! 

Thank you so much!! I reached out to support. Do you know how long it takes for them to respond or what steps they will take?

Hi @Punjabi991

Thanks for your response!

Through the contact form you can chat live to one of Spotify's customer support advisors. If the chat advisors are busy helping other customers, they'll email you back as soon as they can.

They'll also inform you of all necessary steps to be taken because they might vary, depending on the case. 

Let me know if you have any further questions! 

Suggested posts