Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My account was hijacked. How do I recover it?

Solved!

My account was hijacked. How do I recover it?

Plan

Premium (but cancelled for now) 

Country

Australia

My Question or Issue

A few days ago, my Spotify started logging itself out randomly, but I thought nothing of it. I received an email from Spotify saying in Spanish that my email has been changed. The guy who took the account changed the password too since I wasn't able to change the email back when I logged in using facebook. I tried using the contact form, but it sent the support email to the new address. Tried looking at the Australian site and Spotifyvs facebook, but there wasn't a way to contact them. The us site times out when I ask for a live chat, so I'm a bit lost as to what I should do. 

P.s.

The account is premium, but I have cancelled the subscription for now in case I don't get it back. I'm also using a different account to post on the forums since I might lose the facebook link 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there!

That sounds terrible, but there is a whole market for hacked Spotify accounts. Your best bet is to notify support through an email, but your best bet is to use the Live Support linked Here.

Once you contact Spotify Support and retrieve your stolen account, I would suggest changing ALL passwords that you currently use, especially those linked to your email, and duplicate passwords. Best of luck!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Your best bet is just to make a new Spotify account as the hijacker has changed your password and email. This would be your best choice as you have canceled your premium.

Hope this helps!

Also have the same problem and i wont change account. Mailed the support and they just had an automatic answer.

Marked as solution

Hey there!

That sounds terrible, but there is a whole market for hacked Spotify accounts. Your best bet is to notify support through an email, but your best bet is to use the Live Support linked Here.

Once you contact Spotify Support and retrieve your stolen account, I would suggest changing ALL passwords that you currently use, especially those linked to your email, and duplicate passwords. Best of luck!

So I contacted Spotify's twitter yesterday , and they directed me to the support site. After a few tries, I managed to get into a live chat with an agent who recovered my account within the hour 🙂 

P. S. 

They did require receipts and proof of purchases and I had to go through the US site

The rep was very friendly and understanding

Found out they got my details through a crunchyroll premium data leak 

Suggested posts