Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My account with Premium was logged out after an update on May 7th and now I can't get back in

My account with Premium was logged out after an update on May 7th and now I can't get back in

So to preface, I only use Spotify on my android phone, when I first started to use Spotify I don't believe it asked me to create a username/password (Started using the app sometime around May 2018.) I signed up for Premium on April 1st of this year and I have the email receipt for it, which was sent to the email tied to my google account. So on May 7th, I believe after Spotify updated automatically, I was logged out of my account. Since I had/have no clue what the password for my account I tried to reset the password using the email address that my receipt was sent to, but it never arrived and I also tried to reset the password using the username listed on my Premium receipt. I never received a password reset email to any of my email accounts. The username in the Premium receipt email is vvfydpg6tlai0n69g0hykve7h. I'd like to get access to my account, if that's not possible I just want to get Premium disabled since I can't access that account anymore. I can attach an image of the Premium receipt or whatever other relevant information is needed. Thank you for the help.
5 Replies

Hey there @user-removed, I'll be more than happy to help you! 

Could you try resetting your password here using a different browser or incognito mode? Also, please make sure to check your spam/junk folders.

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Tried resetting the password using your link with both Firefox and a Chrome Incognito Mode window and after 15 minutes have yet to get a password reset email (I did check my spam and trash folders.) I will check again in the morning to see if I'm not being patience enough and will reply again if I do get one, but I'm doubtful.

Hey @user-removed.

No worries! Take your time, let me know how it goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

I have yet to get a password reset email so I believe it didn't send one (or its not sending to my email address.) It been 8 hours now since I requested it and still nothing.

Hey @user-removed.

Sorry to hear this!

In this case, I’d recommend reaching out to Spotify for more help with this. You can find some more info here on how to do this. I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts