Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Yesterday I wanted to disconnect my spotify account from my facebook. So I deleted the acces with facebook from the account settings. However when I logged back in this morning my name was changed to: 1170240794. I found out that my facebook cant be disconnected from spotify when its made with facebook so I kind of want my normal name back. How can I fix this?

Thank you in advance

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @HansRijksen!

Unfortunately at this time it is not possible to change an account’s username. The closest you can get is to link your Spotify account to your Facebook profile again so that your Facebook display name is the one shown on your account.

If you are really desperate to change your username, it is possible to create a new account!

Hope this helps and have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Sin título.png
4 Replies

it does that for everyone but what people see is your display name so youre okay

Marked as solution

Hey @HansRijksen!

Unfortunately at this time it is not possible to change an account’s username. The closest you can get is to link your Spotify account to your Facebook profile again so that your Facebook display name is the one shown on your account.

If you are really desperate to change your username, it is possible to create a new account!

Hope this helps and have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Sin título.png

Reconnecting with facebook fixed it, it had a processing time of a day or so though. Thanks for the answer

Hello @HansRijksen! I'm glad to hear everything's fine now. Make sure to let me know if you have any other questions and have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
handShake30fps.gif

Suggested posts