Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My accounts' just been deleted with one click.

My accounts' just been deleted with one click.

I originally created my Spotify account through Facebook a few years back, and I've always found it annoying that I can't deactivate FB if I want to continue using Spotify.

Moments ago, I went into preferences, and a big blue "DISCONNECT FROM FACEBOOK" button was listed - I thought, "Hey! Finally, new feature! Spotify must have been listening to customers about this issue." NO. 

WARNING. DO NOT MAKE MY MISTAKE. DON'T CLICK THAT BUTTON.

With no warning - not even an "Are you sure?" pop up before hand - my music stops playing and I'm auto-signed out of my account. 

I try and log back in, and I'm told there's no Facebook account associated with Spotify.

Wow.

It was an auto-delete your account in disquise. 

Spotify Help informs you --

"If you’ve deactivated the Facebook account through which you created your Spotify account, you are no longer able to use that Spotify account." What should be added now -- "If you disconnect Facebook from your account, your account will be deleted. Period."

Don't make my mistake. I've just lost 4 years of playlists in 2 seconds. Incredibly sad.

1 Reply

Hey @emry1s

I suggest you contact support so they can help you get the account recovered. I'm pretty sure the info is still on the server, it just can't be accessed because you have no way to login to get to it.

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts