Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My band changed its name...

My band changed its name...

We released two albums under our old name via DistroKid. They are up on Spotify.

We changed our band name a few months ago. I'm planning on submitting a new album, with the new artist name from DistroKid next month. 

We are fine with the older releases bearing the older name, but we'd like there to be some continuity - and in particular keep all the fans who are subscribed to our current page. Can we have the artist name changed, but keep the old tracks (with the older name), and the (importantly) keeping our fans?

3 Replies

Hey @MtnViewMark,

Thanks for reaching out.

Spotify can’t change your song or album titles, album art, or artist name manually.

Spotify receives your music, album art, and track info via metadata delivered to them by DistroKid. And they’re only able to display this content in the way it’s presented to them.

If something’s wrong with your name or music, you’ll need to contact DistroKid and have them submit an update to Spotify.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

There isn't anything wrong with the names on the albums that are already on Spotify.

It's just that our next album will be under a new artist name.

I could resubmit our old albums with the new artist name... but that won't achieve what we want: We don't want to lose the followers we already have on Spotify under the old name.

In this case, you would still need to reach out to DistroKid and ask if they're able to prevent losing followers.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts