Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My cat deleted my playlist!

My cat deleted my playlist!

Hello! My cat acceidently deleted my playlist Golista 😕 Please help.. My username is Christoferj 🙂 Thanks

8 Replies

Your catHow?

In any case, I've restored the playlist.

You've got me incredibly curious though.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hey Richard!

This is possible. My parents cat is all the time on the keyboard...

No cats here, however. 🙂

Sorry Richard, forgot to reply. Well my kitten is a curious one, and I'm using a wireless keyboard. She loves to take a walk on it. 😞

Aww thats cute! 🙂 

My friends cat is always more fascinated with my BlackBerry cause it can make the backlight turn on! 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Spotify for Cats is something I shall have to suggest to our management.

We've already got lots of content for cats after all:

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Haha, sounds good! 🙂 Anyway, thanks for restoring the playlist!

I really hope you're considering to add some backup to the playlists, or at least a password confirmation on deleting, because it's happend more than once for me, even tho this time it was quite an important list. 🙂

No problem. 

I've seen quite a few people asking for features such as some kind of playlist recovery system. But bear in mind the following:

1. Accidentally playlists can be restored right away by pressing ctrl/cmd+z [undo]

2. You get a 'Do you really want to delete this playlist?" pop-up before deleting a playlist.

3. Playlists can be manually backed up at any time by simply dragging them out to your desktop. Or copying all the Spotify URI links into a document.

4. Spotify Support can restore playlists for you at any time if the above fails.

Because of this I think it would be unlikely that the devs would want to add any additional features just for this issue. Things might get a bit bloated otherwise - if we had a recycle bin in the app for deleted playlists, for instance. Most users probably wouldn't even need to use such a feature.

So it's a tricky one!

This has already been suggested here on the Ideas Exchange.

If you would to see it implemented then I would head over there and give it some kudos and maybe a comment! 🙂

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts