Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My dad died and Facebook account memorialized - has his Spotify profile been deleted?

My dad died and Facebook account memorialized - has his Spotify profile been deleted?

Basically as the title says. My dad died in June 2021, and his Facebook page was memorialized. He used Facebook to log into Spotify. 

Dad was a really big music fan, and it'd mean so much to me if I could find his profile and see his music playlists (assuming they are public). 

The thing is, I never really used the follow feature on Spotify, so I never added him when he was alive. 

I tried looking him up, but he has a really common name (Matt Hughes) and I don't know what his username is. I know the email address that his Facebook was associated with. I don't know for sure, but he probably paid for premium. 

I'm also the executor of his estate if it makes a difference? 

Any leads would be amazing. 

2 Replies

Hey @Tnadine ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

You can try reaching out to Support to see if there's anything that can be done in this case: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/. 🙂

Hope this helps.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @Tnadine,

Thanks for posting in the Community. We're sorry to hear about your loss and want to help you.

As much as we want to do that though, we at the Community don't have access to the internal tools used in the search for accounts. It'd be best to contact our customer support team directly through one of these channels. They'll know what to do then.

Hope this helps.

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts