Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My daughter has taken over my account

Solved!

My daughter has taken over my account

My daughter is borrowing my account, but now she has her name on it and picture. How do I change this?? I want my name and picture on my account. She told me she logged in with her FB account....but just once...how is this possible???

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I got this reply from Spotify on FB: Thanks! It's easy to disconnect your daughter's profile from your Spotify account - just follow the steps over at https://support.spotify.com/article/spotify-is-connected-to-wrong-facebook-account/.

It can take up to 24 hours for it to be activated, so we will see if it worked.

But thanks for your answer!!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi daiquiry. Unfortunately, by logging into your Spotify account with her Facebook profile she managed to irreversibly link the two together. The simplest option here would be to simply accept having her name and picture on your account, but I understand that's hardly ideal. The second choice is to create a new Spotify account, and then contact support through this form, requesting that they transfer your playlists and content from the old account to the new one. Also not ideal, I know.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Bet of luck!

*Please note that you will most likely receive an automated email back from support directing you to the forums or the FAQ page; just ignore that, and reply back directly to that email (even if it comes from a no-reply address), and support should help sort your issue out as soon as they can.

Marked as solution

I got this reply from Spotify on FB: Thanks! It's easy to disconnect your daughter's profile from your Spotify account - just follow the steps over at https://support.spotify.com/article/spotify-is-connected-to-wrong-facebook-account/.

It can take up to 24 hours for it to be activated, so we will see if it worked.

But thanks for your answer!!

I had not seen that before! Thanks for posting, helpful to know for the future!

Suggested posts