Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My downloaded songs decide they aren't downloaded every time I go offline

My downloaded songs decide they aren't downloaded every time I go offline

I need to play music for work, so I downloaded some songs so I wouldn't have to waste data every time I wanted to play a song.

Every time I try to play one of my downloaded songs when I'm offline it gives me a "you are offline" message and won't play. When I go online and into the app it says it's downloading, and when it finishes it has the green arrows next to the title. I then go offline to test it and the music won't play. 

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, checking permissions, etc, nothing I do works

Tl,dr

My account says the songs are downloaded, but when I go offline and try to play them it doesn't work. Every time I am online and I go to the app, it spends 10 minutes "downloading" the songs, which doesn't end up working.

1 Reply

Hey, @Cassidyj 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

I recommend that you try to perform a clean reinstallation of the app on your device. It's different than the fast reinstallation, so you can take a look at this article to get help with this process.

After the clean reinstallation, try to download your songs again and check if the issue is solved.

Keep me posted!

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts