My email address won't sync and change

My email address won't sync and change

masm64

Hey!

I have a problem with my Facebook created free account. My email address won't sync.

Currently this FB Spotify account of mine has my old email address synced to it. This is my old FB email address and I have no access to it anymore (because of the stupidity of Yahoo). I have changed my FB email address to an Outlook one at least 1 year ago and still the email address on my FB Spofity account has not synced yet and it still shows the old, unaccessible Yahoo one. How can I change that? Thanks! 

2 Replies

Re: My email address won't sync and change

luuuyd13

Same problem. What I did was I log in from Spotify on my laptop (Spotify app itself) and I click "Connect with Facebook". I wait for like 30 seconds or less then I go to its settings and you can see there that you can disconnect it from Facebook. Hope this'll help. :) 

Highlighted

Re: My email address won't sync and change

Hey @masm64.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Could you login on the website and go to Privacy Settings? Check if you have opted out of Spotify processing your Facebook data. When you opt out there, it keeps your account usable but it will stop using a lot of data, for example your name. You can read here what information exactly.

Log in on your Facebook profile as well and make sure that you have granted Spotify access to your personal information, for example your friends list.

Wait 48 hours and see if it changes. We hope it does! Let us know if it doesn't or if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

GuidoModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

SUGGESTED POSTS