Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My friend's account appears to have been hacked and now he cant access his own account.

Solved!

My friend's account appears to have been hacked and now he cant access his own account.

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 plus

Operating System

Android 

My Question or Issue

My friend signed up to Spotify in February 2020 and recently had some issues and received a letter in Spanish from Spotify even though he is in Australia.  On trying to gain access to his account he has noticed two log in's from Germany and then one from Spain and now he cannot access his account.  In Australia you do not seem to be able to contact Spotify at all apart from their support email (which I note is extremely poor customer service).

He would now like to cancel his account.

What is the best way to do it seeing he cannot log into his own account and cant get in contact with Spotify apart from their support email.   Does he just email support and try and cancel his account the problem being he is not in charge of his account anymore or does he just stop payment and let Spotify cancel the account.  I would really appreciate someone from Spotify answer this issue as he account has been hacked which is a serious issue.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there, I'm pretty sure this contact form should be available to you for Spotify support. They should be able to help you there.

If you have any other concerns, you can of course still come back here.

Good luck and good night.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

To add to that, on the contact form I linked you to, select the following:

1. Select Logging in.
  2. Choose Someone's taken over my account
  3. Click I STILL NEED HELP.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there, I'm pretty sure this contact form should be available to you for Spotify support. They should be able to help you there.

If you have any other concerns, you can of course still come back here.

Good luck and good night.

Marked as solution

To add to that, on the contact form I linked you to, select the following:

1. Select Logging in.
  2. Choose Someone's taken over my account
  3. Click I STILL NEED HELP.

Thanks for the advice PrettyMuchSwiss.   We weren't looking at the "I still need help" option so we will try that and see if we can get some assistance.   I have had an account for a while and had no issues so I was surprised that my friend's account was hacked so quickly after signing up.

Suggested posts