Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My music keeps stopping on dorm wifi, other account playing instead

My music keeps stopping on dorm wifi, other account playing instead

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

MSI-Stealth-Pro and Samsung Galaxy S9

Operating System

Win10 and Android

My Question or Issue

I have had Spotify premium since November, and this issue just started a few weeks ago. 
Sometimes, when I am listening to music in my dorm, the music will suddenly stop. I look on the app (desktop and Android, it happens on both) and it shows someone else is listening to Spotify (usually with a name like "X's Dorm Speaker" or "X's Speaker." I disconnect from the device, then begin to play my music, and within a few seconds, my music stops again and the other music starts again on the other device. 

My college has non-password protected wifi, and I believe that for some reason, this is causing our music listening to overlap. I have tried signing out everywhere, changing my passwords, but none of the suggestions I have seen work. This is really annoying, as it has now begun to even happen when I am at home on break (I live almost 3 hours away from my college).

I would add a screenshot, but it happened just a few minutes ago and is now gone. Basically, when the other party begins to play their music, mine completely stops and my Spotify app converts into a sort of "controller," just like if I were using my phone to change songs while listening on the computer.

1 Reply

Here, it just happened again. Got a screenshot this time.

screenshot.png

Suggested posts