Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My name as changed...

My name as changed...

Hi 

I took a new premium subscription to Spotify but I'm having a lot of problems!

One that is quite annoying, my username has changed to a name consisting of numbers and letters. Previously it was my name and surname Facebook.

What is going on ?

10 Replies

Hey @Malogurote!

Sounds like you might have opted out of sharing your data with Facebook. You can check this on your account page here.
You should also make sure that on Facebook's end here, Spotify has to be allowed to have access to personal data.

Hope this helps and have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey !

Thank you for your reply. Data processing is enabled on both sides! Hence my misunderstanding.

Everything was displayed very well until I took this new subscription. Yet I have never had this problem before.

Capture.PNG

Hi there!

It sounds like you might’ve accidentally created a second account and signed into that one instead. I'd recommend checking out the FAQ page "Can I create multiple accounts?" here for more info.

Hope this helps!

Jose_MSpotify Star

No, I always connected with Facebook. All my playlists are there. My Facebook name has just been changed to another weird name.

😞 

Spotify has started using auto generated usernames. And apparently, once you make some changes to your account (such as opting out from a subscription ), you end up with a new stupid messy random username.

it happened to me when i tried to create a new account as i couldn't choose the username of my choice and ended up with one of these stupid random ones.

Hope this helps 

Oh **bleep** 😮

And how did you do to find your old name ?

Oh, this is my old account.

Sometimes i create secondary accounts for to benefit from promos.

You can't customize usernames anymore

Hey, not to worry. That username you're seeing is an auto generated username to identify Facebook created accounts. You should be able to see your Facebook display name if your account's linked to Facebook though so no worries. This seems to be a temporary blip, can you try unlinking and linking your Facebook account again?

Hope this helps and keep me posted!
Jose_MSpotify Star

Hey,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately I can not unlink my Facebook account because I created my account Spotify with this one at the time 😞

Hello!

Unfortunately, seems like you will have to create a new account. So you should make sure music is in public playlists and remember to cancel your subscription.

You may then close your account and create a new one.

You can visit your old account and grab all playlists by searching the following in the search bar:

spotify:user:username

'username' has to be replaced with the randomized letters and digits that you mentioned.

Also note you have one week to visit your old account, after you have closed it.

Hope this helps!
Jose_MSpotify Star

Suggested posts