Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My new account.

My new account.

For long time now I have been using my dads premium account, but I am so tierd of my devices beeing de-synced and all of the "mess" he makes in the spotify program. So I have decided to buy my own premium account, but the problem is that when I log in to spotify with my spotify account it's automaticly connected to my fahters spotify account. Therefore I am not able to buy my own premium acount and that sucks.

Any way to desynce my facebook acount from his spotify acount?

6 Replies

Hi Thomic - Sure thing, I've just disconnected your Facebook profile from your Dad's account. All you need to do is set up your own account with your FB details here: https://www.spotify.com/signup/open/

Just for future reference, users with this problem can de-link the accounts via the Preferences page: Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac). From there just select 'Disconnect from Facebook' under 'Social Network'

Sorry to jump in but I take it the option to de-link from YouWantGiveAllMyDetailsToWhoBook.com is for Premium users only?

Thanks..

GateKeeper - I think there may be a little misunderstanding here. If you created your account through Facebook, you won't be able to unlink your Spotify and Facebook accounts. Subscription or not.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

But isnt using a Facebook account the only way to get Spotify?

It says so on the Spotify sign up page..

"You need a Facebook account to register for Spotify. If you have an account, just log in below to register. If you don't have a Facebook account, get one by clicking the 'create an account' link below."

Its the "From there just select 'Disconnect from Facebook' under 'Social Network' option that I cant find..

GateKeeper wrote:

Its the "From there just select 'Disconnect from Facebook' under 'Social Network' option that I cant find..

That option is only availalbe to users that signed up before the integration. These users will have a unique Spotify username and can chose whether or not to connect their account to Facebook. 

If you joined via Facebook you won't see this section in your Preferences page. 

Hi Meredith, thanks for clarifying that..

Again sorry Thomic for jumping on your thread, hope its all sorted for ya..

Suggested posts