Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My original account is deactivated?

Solved!

My original account is deactivated?

I had an account for years but the last period I was abroad for a while and I just found a couple of days ago an email from spotify which was sent in early april asking me to reset my password. I tried to do it now (7-8 weeks after I recieved the email) but I cannot. And I cannot connect to my account at all, I get a message "The username or email you provided is not associated with an active Spotify account" btw this is a different message than the one you get if you give wrong email.

I just want to reactivate my account, I was using the application on Windows so I have all the data of the account in the application locally I just want my account to be reactivated so I can use it. I tried to contact the support with a link I found here but all I got back for the message I sent was an automated reply to my email account to check here for a solution....

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Argo2,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Since you mention receiving an automated reply already, we'd recommend first taking a look at your spam/junk folders or any other filtered folders (e.g. if you use Gmail, it might be in the Social or Promotions tabs) in case a reply was directed there by mistake.

If you're still having troubles finding one, we'd suggest replying to the automated email you received, even if it's from a no reply address. 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you have further questions.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey there @Argo2,

thanks for posting !

If you received an automated reply from Spotify, support will send you an email from shortly about recovering your account.

Have a great day 😃

It's already have been six days and I have no respond.... I could not connect here using my original email but with this new temporary account I gave al the data in my message and I did recieve on this one an automated respond but no other action....

Marked as solution

Hey there @Argo2,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Since you mention receiving an automated reply already, we'd recommend first taking a look at your spam/junk folders or any other filtered folders (e.g. if you use Gmail, it might be in the Social or Promotions tabs) in case a reply was directed there by mistake.

If you're still having troubles finding one, we'd suggest replying to the automated email you received, even if it's from a no reply address. 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you have further questions.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Hi Katerina, I did sent reply to the automated email. I hope there will be some improvement although I cannot understand why it shall be any different.... But thanks for the suggestion in any casy, I will keep this thread updated with any changes

As you've mentioned that you once received an error stating that the email or username that you've provided is not associated with an active Spotify account, may I ask if you are sure you are using the correct email or username? If so, it's best to reach out directly to Spotify Support. They can be reached through their Twitter @SpotifyCares or through the online SpotifySupport.

* Note that if you are going submit a contact form (instead of sending a DM on Twitter), make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify.

Thank you for the suggestions Soul-Calibre  but I had done everything correctly with accurate data and I did recieve an automatic respond about openned new case.  After the suggestion from Katerina, I did sent a reply to that automated email (the same day I replied here as well) and after that I got a respond asking me some verification questions. After that I was able to reset my password. Now it is working fine. So either my message here or my email reply to the automatic message trigger the difference.

Cheers everyone!

Hey there @Argo2,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Glad to hear all's well once more and you are reunited with your tunes 🙂

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with!

spotify:user:spotify:playlist:37i9dQZF1DX7KNKjOK0o75

KaterinaModerator

Suggested posts