Premium

Country

Turkey

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10+

Operating System

Windows 10

My Issue

I have created a playlist long time ago and I decided to make it collaborative so my friend can add some songs too. But since I did that the playlist is not showing on my profile. However when I go to my friend's profile I can see the playlist on his public lists and the playlist has my name on it. When I turn off the collaborative mode and make it public it starts showing on my profile again but I need to keep it collaborative and still be visible on my profile too. Someone please help me about this.

6 Replies

While already in playlist settings scroll down to make collaborative.. once collaborative.. scroll down and it will say to make public again.. reclick it! Let me know if that works.. 

While in the playlist settings "make public" option is not selectable if collaborative feature is on. So it doesn't work out.

I'm having this issue too! But I have another collaborative playlist (from September 2019) that does show on my profile. So I was trying to figure out if anything was different between the two but I can't find anything 😕 

Screen Shot 2019-12-21 at 4.13.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-21 at 4.13.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-21 at 4.12.27 PM.png

Hey folks - help's here!

We're not aware of any issues regarding collaborative playlists, so it might just be an issue with the individual playlist.

To make sure this is the case, could you try creating a new collaborative playlist and seeing if it's working as expected?

If so, you can just transfer over your songs from the old collaborative playlist to the new one which works and delete the old one.

Hope that helps! Let us know how it goes 🙂

Hey Peter,

Thanks for the suggestion! I'm having the same issues with a new collaborative playlist. A new public playlist shows in my profile, but as soon as I make it collaborative, it disappears 😞

Hey @emchung,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I had a look into this, and it turns out that this is the expected behaviour of the app, ie making a public playlist collaborative will automatically make it private (see this thread from 2014).

The main reason this is the case is so that users who create collaborative playlists can have control over who can add songs and/or edit the playlist, and so they can currently only share it with individuals.

There have been several ideas suggested by users in the Idea Exchange which are relevant to this:

If, however, you'd simply like to suggest that users should have the choice to make collaborative playlists public, feel free to submit an idea for it by following the instructions in this Spotify Answer.

You can also include the link to the idea as a comment below so that other users can find it more easily.

Hope that helps! Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Suggested posts