Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My paid account suddenly says I'm on the "free" subscription

My paid account suddenly says I'm on the "free" subscription

I've been on the $6.99 subscription for years, today I'm suddenly on the "free" subscription with only an option to upgrade to the $11.99 version.

Spotify what's going on here? How can I re-enable my previous subscription?

6 Replies

Hey @1231032865

Check out this help article.

You may need to contact support as mentioned:

https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/troubleshooting/i-upgraded-to-premium-why-am-i-on-f...

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Re-installing the desktop app gives me a message across the top:

"Unfortunately we couldn't take a payment from you, so we had to cancel your subscription".

But the renew option doesn't give my the old plan ($6.99), and there isn't any reason I know of as to why the payment wouldn't go through.

Hey,

I'm having the same problem. I'm travelling at the moment and rely heavily on my spotify premium subscription. I recently had trouble as my payment failed from my UK account. I tried to update it to my Australian one but it kept failing. I then transferred money to my english account hoping payment would be tried to be taken again but now I've been downgraded to a free account, and can't even get on the app because I'm abroad! I've created so many playlists over the years and had made so many offline. I'd really like some hel rectifying this. I'm so worried I've lost everything 😞

Hey guys!

Thanks for getting in touch.

Due to the nature of these posts, I'd recommend getting in touch with the team directly.

Please reach out to SpotifyCares over on Twitter or Facebook.

Alternatively, you can get in contact with our Email team over at https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/ 🙂

I've already tried to get in contact with the team TWICE using the contact form on the website but am having no luck with any response.

I've always raved about Spotify to everyone and have been such a loyal customer for years but am so dissapointed to be honest, and don't really know where to go from here. 

Lauren

@Lauren_Talulah

Hello,

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts