Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My password became my name in spotify!

My password became my name in spotify!

As written in the title when i created my account my password instantly became my shown name

in the attachments there a web player picture of before (last album) as VOJTEKK and on the new one its my password

example on phone

Playlist XY

from user xxxxxxxxxxx 23 songs (xxx this is where my password on every playlist is shown which i absolutely dont like)

i want a normal name like i had on my old account

spotify.png
2 Replies

Hey VOJTEKK!

I'm sorry to hear this! An error may have occured when you created your account, and autofill may have switched your name and password. If this is the case, you probably can reset your password here. If not, you may want to change your password here (for when you are already logged in). Unfortunately, you cannot reset your username in Spotify at the moment, but you can always log in with your email.

Hope this helped!

Oburger04

Please select "accept as solution" to help others with the same problem, or maybe leave me a like!

Hey @VOJTEKK.

Thanks for getting in touch!

As @oburger04 mentioned, it's true that it's not possible to change your username. So if you need a new username, we recommend closing your account and creating a new one.

No worries, if you make sure your music collection is stored in public playlists, you can visit your old account with your new account and grab all your songs from there. You’ll be able to visit your old account by putting the following string in the search bar:  spotify:user:username

Don't forget to replace username with your own username. Oh and by the way, If you want to use the same email address for your new account, you'll have to close your old account. You'll have 7 days to visit your old account and find your music there. You’ll also need to cancel your subscription on your old account, in case you have a Premium account.

Should do the trick. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts