Plan

Premium

Country

U.S.

Device

Google Pixel 3A XL

Operating System

Android version 11

I created a blank playlist, earlier, because I thought of an idea to mess with, for whenever. I just looked in my playlist section, and I saw that it's not there. Either there's a glitch, or some !d!ot deleted it. I had immediately thought to find out how to recover my deleted playlists. I checked, and it's not there. Me being able to easily create it, again, is not the point. Employees don't need to be touching people's playlists, unless there's inappropriate content in the titles or cover art, in which the titles should be altered, and the cover art removed. Mine doesn't have anything indecent, and it doesn't even have cover art. I have three playlists (one as a tester for uploading an image) that have controversial images (though they're not indecent or public), one having a controversial name (though not indecent) and they are still up, surprisingly, considering the political "climate", although a couple of the codes are grayed out, instead of matching a color in the cover art. I'm thinking an employee did that, on purpose, which makes me think that another one deleted the playlist. This needs to be fixed. These employees obviously shouldn't be abusing their power. Spotify is already being ridiculous in the way of making reporting playlists even nore difficult than it already was. Then this nonsense happens. I want it fixed. I doubt that it can be fixed, here, but I'm putting it out, to try. Who will trust Spotify, if it allows your playlists to be messed with, especially not being public?

Follow me

2 Replies

Hi @MadmanOnWheels,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Spotify can't make any unauthorized account modifications, with the exception to outright suspend an account for some specific reasons. There are technical limitations in place to prevent anything like what is described from happening. Any attempts to circumvent those are taken very seriously and handled internally.

Taking this into account, as well as the fact that none of your other playlists were affected, the most likely explanation is that the playlist has either been inadvertently deleted, or that there could simply be a bug.

If you don’t mind sharing the name of the playlist, I can pass it along to the accounts team so that they can investigate in greater detail.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey,

You could be right, about that. There might be things in place, to prevent that. Seeing how Spotify has been very biased, along with the errors that have happened on Joe Rogan's podcast and Tom MacDonald's song, I don't completely trust that these things are being stopped, whether Managers knew about it, or if it was done without a manager's knowledge. I don't know if there's a way around the technical limitations.

Who knows what Spotify considers authorized modifications, with they things that they do, against what's right?

What do you mean, by "inadvertently deleted", and how would that happen?

If there is a bug, it needs to be investigated and fixed, because people could lose a lot songs.

I could be wrong, but it's suspicious, when I haven't had any evidence of hackers get into my account, the deleted playlist isn't in the "Recover Playlist" section, and the cover art (a controversial but not indecent "meme") of one playlist (with songs on it) doesn't show the cover art, after I tap the three dots, so that it shows with the code.

I appreciate you checking into this for me. I hope that they can look into my account, to find and restore it. Part of it is the principle.

I'll send the playlist name to you, when we chat, because I don't want to give it away to everyone.

Thanks getting this checked out.

Follow me

Suggested posts