Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My playlist keeps disappearing

My playlist keeps disappearing

Plan: Premium

Device: Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra, HP Laptop)

Operating System: Android 10, Windows 10

My Question or Issue:

I have several playlists downloaded on my phone and laptop and then just one day they all disappeared on both devices. I already tried recovering my playlist from the option but my playlist still disappears after a few hours/days. I've tried the following troubleshooting to no avail:

1. Try a soft reset (reboot the device).
  2. If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to locate and remove any Spotify folders or cached data from your device before reinstalling again.
  3. If that doesn’t work, update your device’s firmware (if available).
  4. If that doesn’t work, try clearing your device’s cache.
  5. If that doesn’t work, try using a different WiFi connection (please note that streaming dover mobile data might incur additional charges). If this works you probably need to restart your router.
  6. If that doesn’t work, ask a friend or family member who also uses Spotify to log in to their account on your device. If everything works for them it’s likely the issue is with your account. If not, then it’s probably an issue with your device.

I've also tried changing my password but that didn't fix anything.  I don't like using my data every time I use Spotify. I don't think that this is a device problem since both of my device has this problem. But I never had this problem when I was using my Samsung Galaxy Note 9. Hope someone can help me but this is really frustrating.

1 Reply

Hi there @jdbartolo,

thanks for reaching out about this !

I would like you to clarify the following questions:

- Does this happen with all playlists you created/follow or just a few select ones?

- Are the playlists deleted from the account or just no longer available for offline listening?

- When a friend/family member logged in using a different account, did they get the same result?

- Have you tried a clean reinstall instead of a regular one to make sure you have removed any old cached files from their devices? (steps provided here)

Thanks for your cooperation.

Waiting on your update 🙂

Suggested posts