Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My premium account changed to free.

My premium account changed to free.

My Question or Issue

My account changed from Premium to a free account. Is this normal After a few years? Is it a mistake of do You always have to start it up again After a period of time? And if i do so do i get a discount again like the firt time? Now You have like first 3 months for free i think. 

Greetings J. 

2 Replies

Hi there @Jessybabe,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

I would like to ask you for some more info in order to provide the right steps :

- Country

- Subscription type you used

- Reason for the account reverting to Free

Furthermore, please make sure to visit your account overview page at Spotify.com to view your account status and the possible reason behind it reverting to Free.

It can happen due to a payment period you set and it is now over or issues with the payment method provided.

Regarding any special offers of 3 months, they vary between countries and mostly offered to new first time Spotify users.

If you decide to try and use one, make sure to check the terms and conditions coming with the offer's page.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Hi there @Jessybabe,

Thanks for asking abut this! 

One reason this would have happened, if you used a recurring payment method to pay but one of the monthly payments has failed - meaning it didn't go through. Then, the solution would be to update the payment details and the subscription will be activated again. 

We'd also suggest you to check out this article on further info why this could be happening.

If you've done everything suggested in the article but this didn't solve your issue, feel free to tell us what you've tried so far.

We hope this helps, keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts