Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My premium account has been hacked

My premium account has been hacked

My Account has beeen compromised with someone creating new playlists in my account for the last 3 Hrs as well as my email has been changed to gfrgtdr@fgdfg.com I am only able to post this due to the linkeing with my facebook account.

PLEASE HELP

9 Replies

Hey 🙂 

You will need to get in touch with the Spotify team using this form and they will be able to help you recover your account. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

thank you for getting back to me so quickly Peter I watched in real time as the hacker created a playlists and then stoped my music

My account is still in the hands of a Hacker I still can access it ,y mobile device

mobilesinper - Don't worry, we can totally recover your account. You should hear back from our accounts team shortly.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have exactly the same problem. Someone changed the email adress and I have only access to my account via Facebook. PLEASE help me.

Don't panic! Just get in touch using our online form and one of our advisors will be happy to help. If you receive an autoresponse, just send an email directly in reply and someone will be in touch shortly.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

My account has been hacked aswell. They've managed to changed my email address and password. I'm only able to get on due to my facebook login. When I message on the spotify contact page it says they will reply to the hackers email address....I'm worried. I've cancelled my subscription but dont know if that will help.

I'm facing the same problem right now. Suddenly there were so many random playlists and songs downloaded to my song list. They haven't changed the email so I thought changing my password would be enough. I hope it helps.

Why would they hack our accounts anyway? What's the purpose?

I've had the same problem, someone changed my email to josusbr, and it annoys me to see that if I clicked on the playlist he had made, he's still using spotify out there, maybe even hacking into someone else's account. Spotify rectified the issue quickly enough, changed my email back but now I'm facing a different issue altogether.

When I'm playing songs on my spotify account, it says it's connected to a device I've NEVER used before, iPhone de Yassine, and whoever owns this has stopped my songs, played theirs, saved albums on their whim. It's pissing me off and I'm still waiting for a reply from the spotify team. It's also super worrying because this happened in the span of 3 days, email change and the connected device issue, which makes me feel like my account has been compromised. I've been a premium user for nearly a year so I've grown attached to this platform, but I really hope spotify amps up their security, because it's uncomfortable knowing someone out there SOMEHOW got access to my account, and maybe even my password and who knows what else.

Suggested posts