Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My premium account is hacked, please help!

Solved!

My premium account is hacked, please help!

My account seems to be hijacked by someone and I was able to log in through Facebook but not change password or email, because I needed the current password. 

I am currently paying for a premium account that I have no access to. Could you help me get my account back!

156 Replies

Hey @marcusmoore12

Be sure to check this Support article.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi

My account's email address has been changed without my permission and I can't login anymore. Can you please help. I want my account back.

<snip-moderator edit>

osorniosSpotify Star

I tried to fill the contact form but the site said that the "session has ended". Right now the hacked has purchased family-premium with my credit card information. Is there something that can be done?

I also tried to use SpotifyCares in facebook.

@user-removed

You should try with a different browser, or open a private window (incognito mode), and see if that does it.

Also, try in a different device (computer, tablet, etc.)

Be sure to use this link logged out of any Spotify account in your browser.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

My premium/family account seems to be hacked, tried contacting the support. But its friday, so thought I might try here aswell...

Got logged out from the app this wednesday and can’t get back in.

I can still access the account from my PSN and the wifey can use her linked one without any issues.<snip-moderator edit>

Think the hotmail might have expired and someone figured out how to change the password.<snip-moderator edit>

Still pay for this and really want my playlists back! 

<snip-moderator edit>

Really need help with this...

Hey @user-removed

Be sure to check this support article here.

osorniosSpotify Star

Hello there, I have the same problem as these people. My account seems to be stolen by someone and I was able to log in through Facebook but not change password or email, because I needed the current password.

Please help me get my account back so i don't have to pay for premium to another person

Hey @Joppe331

osorniosSpotify Star

My account just got hacked today. My email and my password got changed. I only have my email linked to my spotify not facebook. and i have a premium account my username is: *******

Hey @Chlogimore

osorniosSpotify Star

I got my account hacked today as well. My account is restored pretty fast, but my family members are still missing their premium account.

An unauthorized premium invitation was sent from my account. See attached screenshot.

Further on my credit card got skimmed about two months ago, someone buying a year of Spotify subscription...Not sure whose fault it is.. but you really need to upgrade your security! 

It would appear that Spotify has been hacked as I can't seem to access my account and change anything without being directed to corrupt websites. I attached an image to this post.

spotify-5768.jpg

Spotify,

i also have this problem. I have been locked out of my account due to someone changing all my contact details. I can not reset my password because the emails are going to an email account I do not own. I am also paying for the service. 

Can you please reinstate username: ********* back to my email account: *snip* or my Facebook account (which was my original login). 

Or at least contact me to directly to sort out this issue. It’s extremely frustrating! 

Look forward to hearing from you. 

Marked as solution

Hey everyone,

Sorry to hear that you think your account’s been taken over.

If you notice any of the following occurring on your account unexpectedly, your account may have been taken over.

• Your password is no longer working.
  • The email address associated with your account has changed.
  • Playlists have disappeared or been added.
  • Subscription changes (Note: We never display your full payment information).
  • Someone else's Facebook has been connected to your Spotify account.

Check out the steps under ‘What do I do if my account has been taken over?’ in this support article for what to do next.

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star

I have just encountered this problem I am unable to change the email because of the password being changed by the person who hacked my account I signed in with Facebook and right after that it logged me out the person must of deactivated my Facebook account from my Spotify account 

Hey @user-removed

Be sure to check this support article here.

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts