Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My premium account is hacked, please help!

Solved!

My premium account is hacked, please help!

My account seems to be hijacked by someone and I was able to log in through Facebook but not change password or email, because I needed the current password. 

I am currently paying for a premium account that I have no access to. Could you help me get my account back!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey everyone,

Sorry to hear that you think your account’s been taken over.

If you notice any of the following occurring on your account unexpectedly, your account may have been taken over.

• Your password is no longer working.
  • The email address associated with your account has changed.
  • Playlists have disappeared or been added.
  • Subscription changes (Note: We never display your full payment information).
  • Someone else's Facebook has been connected to your Spotify account.

Check out the steps under ‘What do I do if my account has been taken over?’ in this support article for what to do next.

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

156 Replies

Hey all, 

Check out the solution to this thread for more info! 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks, I have already done so, as well as removing credit card information.

Hi, this has happened to me too-- my premium account is under the username "raemoe1" and NOT linked to my facebook, there is a free account linked to my FB that I don't use (but this is the only one I'm able to log in to at the moment). My premium account had the PW changed, and the reset emails aren't coming to me so I can only assume they changed the email too. I need to reset the email address for the "raemoe1" premium account or merge it with FB, in either case the hacker has access and I do NOT. The contact form is completely useless, I got a totally unhelpful auto reply.

PLEASE HELP!

Hey raemoe1, try the steps in the Solution above.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Hi!

My account has also been hacked somewhere during the last 2 days, and I currently also have a premium account!!

The email and password have changed making it impossible to change anything in the profile!

<snip-moderator edit>

My premium account has also been hacked the last two days. I noticed because my music kept stopping in the middle of my work-day because someone else was using my account.

Pwd and email has been changed, making the account unrecoverable for me.

EDIT:  Case already being taken care of. Swift customer service!

Everything worked out in the end thanks to prompt action from the customer service team.

I do however, want to post the names of the songs that were added to my "saved songs" list by the hacker.

My hunch is that my account was used as a part of a bot-network to artificially inflate play count on certain songs. When I started using the account the suspected bot would use exponential backoff when playback stopped (I didn't time this, but I think that's what happened).

Here is a playlist I made containing all the songs: Hacker

Other users experiencing the same thing should compare the songs added to these:

@Hyfo - Just checking in, did someone get back to you about that case? If not can you reply directly to the automated email reply with the case number in it and that will bump your case in the queue. 😉

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

You might want to check the if the songs from my playlist has a mysterious play count spike.

My account is also hacked. I can log in with my fb-account. But I cannot change the password or email. All my playlists are deleted. Sent in a case to support. <snip-moderator edit>

And the hackers email is on my profile here to!!!

<snip-moderator edit>

My Account is hacked.... since Friday, I havent got any reply from customer support. My Pw has changed, new playlists have appeared when browse my profile as guest and email resets wont work. <snip-moderator edit>

My Premium Account has been hacked also.<snip-moderator edit>

Thanks,

Michael

<snip-moderator edit>

MattSudaSpotify Star

<snip-moderator edit>

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Thanks guys.  Spotify has replied this morning with some verification questions.  Hopefully we can get this sorted today as my account is now temporarily locked.

I will update you when I have more information.

Thanks,

Michael

Problem has been solved.  Thanks everyone!

You're welcome!

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hey Teresa, can you help me out too? Same thing is happening to me! They replaced my email address with theirs

Suggested posts