Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My premium subscription only lasts a few days?

Solved!

My premium subscription only lasts a few days?

It has happened a few times now, the first few times I chalked it up as a bug and considered it a loss and I didn't pay much attention because I wasn't using spotify much as I simply didn't really have time to listen to much music (I use spotify mostly to listen to classical music which ideally needs your undivided attention to listen). Today it hapenned again, and I'm kinda pissed. I know why this probably happens, and it is sort of my fault, but it is still very unfair. I pay through the  Indosat payment program where they take the money from my prepaid phone account to pay for spotify. However occasianally I simply dont have the funds for spotify and I dont fill my account with enough money for a subscription. After I eventually do fill the account with enough money, I automatically get billed for this month's subscription. Which is fine. What isn't fine though is that it treats it as if my subscription had already started when the first bill failed to pay, not when the bill is actually paid. So by the time I get around to paying the subscription I only get a few days of premium left of whatever the billing period of the month is. If I cannot change the subscription period of the month (i.e. if my  subscription starts at the 1st of whatever of the month, and I pay at the 24th I cannot start from the 24th, and instead that payment is counted from the 1st). At the very least I would expect the billing to not automatically bill me at least until the next month. Instead of this automatic bill whenever I have the funds (which tends to be the end of the month btw) where I can only have premium for that period of a few days before the new month start.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey thanks for the reply, but spotify support staff has already contacted me and basically the billing cycle doesn't change based on when the payment goes through but is decided on when I first start the billing cycle. So if for example I made my payment on the 24th, but I initially started paying for premium at the 1st a few months ago, that payment would only count for the current billing cycle which ends at the 1st and lasts only a few days. The solution they gave me is to cancel my current billing cycle and restart my subscription on the day of the month that I would be able to regularly pay in the future. 

It kinda sucks, but I it was also my fault.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey there @AppleBread!

This doesn't sound right!

I will escalate this to Spotify staff and get back to you ASAP! 🙂 

Hey there @AppleBread

I have spoken to Spotify staff and they suggest you contact Spotify support 🙂

You can contact support on twitter @SpotifyCares  or Facebook or you can email Support here.

If you receive a No-Reply email that says to check out the FAQ or Community just reply to that email and Spotify support will contact you 🙂

Support takes 24-48 hours to reply to you if they have not replied to you by tomorrow you can ask me here and I will escalate the issue for you 🙂

I hope this helped solve your issue 🙂

Marked as solution

Hey thanks for the reply, but spotify support staff has already contacted me and basically the billing cycle doesn't change based on when the payment goes through but is decided on when I first start the billing cycle. So if for example I made my payment on the 24th, but I initially started paying for premium at the 1st a few months ago, that payment would only count for the current billing cycle which ends at the 1st and lasts only a few days. The solution they gave me is to cancel my current billing cycle and restart my subscription on the day of the month that I would be able to regularly pay in the future. 

It kinda sucks, but I it was also my fault.

Suggested posts