Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My profile or public playlists cannot be found

My profile or public playlists cannot be found

Hello,

neither my profile nor my public playlists can be found through the spotify search function. 

Several people tried to follow a playlist by me which was played at a party, but they could not find it/me, although it the playlist is set on public and already has 20+ followers. I already made a second account to see if I could find my main account in the search results but it does not show up. Then again I am able to find the profiles of the people not able to find me.

My main account was created via facebook, if that is important. I am trying to search for my Facebook name. 

I can find my playlists via google, though: google search for my profilegoogle search for my profile

I tried the "spotify:user:username" search but it does not work for any profile name.

There are playlists with the exact same name as mine, which do appear in the search results. 

Does anyone know what to do here? 

Cheers

Erik

If it helps, here's the link to my profile:

https://open.spotify.com/user/1142288136?si=FwA4_KXgTnOJ2p9H74EJBg

7 Replies

Yep. That's right you are not searchable not on Spotify nor on Google. It might be because you are new user and Spotify might take some time before notising you. However with Google you can submit your web link in their search engines.

You might also try alternative service (free or paid) as Soundplate.

But I am searchable with Google? 

Maybe Spotify might take some time to recognize you? 

Hey @ErikDue.

Thanks for getting in touch!

All users together have created quite an amount of playlists together. So you won't always find a playlist just by searching the name. No worries, there is lots of different ways to share music. More info here!

Let us know if you have further questions. We'll be happy to help.

Have a nice day.

@Guido

What are the criteria for making playlists searchable? It can't be random. 

I've been using Spotify for 4 years and the playlist is around 2 years old. So it's not because Spotify needs some time.

Hey @ErikDue.

Thanks for the question.

With several billion playlists on Spotify, we still need to ensure that when you search for one, you get results fast. This is why our search indexes and puts playlists with more Followers in the top spots.

This is the main criteria how you can improve the searchability of your playlists. We know every beginning can be difficult, so to share a best practice with you on growing followers: Make sure to share your playlists on different social media platforms and as much as possible, like in our Music Chat. Once you start getting some popularity, it will become easier to get found 🙂

Alternatively, you can send the link to your playlist to your friend. Once they put it in the search box, it will pop up.

Have a nice day!

@Daisy

Thanks for you answer. I understand the fact, that more popular playlists should be found and not every single playlist of millions can be indexed in seconds. But I am still wondering why the playlist AND my profile were able to be found in the past but not anymore.

Also, I also find playlists with 1 follower named the same. What's the measurement for popularity if not follower count?

Suggested posts