Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My "Top Tracks" is missing

My "Top Tracks" is missing

I want to be able to see my top tracks, a few people have subsribed to it but i can't find it anymore on my profile or my side bar.

11 Replies

@jackiechristina wrote:

I want to be able to see my top tracks, a few people have subsribed to it but i can't find it anymore on my profile or my side bar.

Hey! Welcome to the community ๐Ÿ™‚ 

There is currently a known issue which means Top Tracks are not being displayed when you view your own profile. To view your top tracks, click on "Top Lists" on the left of the desktop client and then change the country at the top of the page to "for me" and it will show your top tracks. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi guys. Rorey from Spotify here. We're sorry for not offering more advance notice but we had to remove the Top Tracks feature from user profiles. We received a lot of feedback that Top Tracks were sometimes inaccurate. As a result, we have to remove the feature, improve our algorithms, then reintroduce it when we can ensure Top Tracks accurately reflect tastes. We'll be sure to update these topics when the feature is reintroduced. 

Alright! Thanks for letting us know.

Is there any reason I can still view other peoples top tracks just not my own (or is it just old data not being updated)? 

Peter

Peter

It could be that the cache hasn't updated yet but it should stop appearing shortly. 

Just a tiny piece of additional information but if you are currently following a Top Tracks playlist, you will continue to do so.

Any idea when this will be fixed? It's quite a useful feature similar to iTunes Top 25 most played

@DuFFeR_NZ wrote:

Any idea when this will be fixed? It's quite a useful feature similar to iTunes Top 25 most played

If you click 'top lists' on the left side of Spotify, then change the settings to 'for me', that should still show up for you.

Also, if you like listening data, you should definitely check out last.fm. You can scrobble all your Spotify listening with them and they'll give you accurate lists of how many times you've played each track/album/artist over time.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Thanks Adam, that's a great tip... but what about the top listen to of the people I'm following, any way to see that?

@DuFFeR_NZ wrote:

Thanks Adam, that's a great tip... but what about the top listen to of the people I'm following, any way to see that?

No that I am aware of at the minute! 

Peter

Peter

Hi everyone, 

Apologies for the thread intrusion, however I'm struggling to find updated information with regards to this issue. Under "top lists" and the option "for me" - all of the albums and songs listed are wildly inaccurate on my profile.  I listen to my music mainly through syncing on my iphone 5 - and it doesn't seem to update the relevant lists.

Are you able to offer any more help and direction?

Thank you very much!

Miche

The "Top Tracks" section was removed from public profiles due to reports of it being inaccurate, I can only imagine this is the same issue just being access in a different way. 

IMO, last.fm is a much better solution for tracking what you are listening to accross multiple platforms via scrobbling ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts