Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My spotify acc is linked to wrong facebook account

My spotify acc is linked to wrong facebook account

Hi,

My spotify account is linked to the wrong facebook account. My girlfriend logged in once in my account and connected to facebook. 

That put her name and pic at the top right corner of the app. I disconnected and reconnected throught the Preferences page several times but I have been only able to get the picture updated with my picture. The name and FB account being linked is still that of my girlfriend. 

Please someone help. This is really annoying and irritating and shouldn't be such a big problem. 

Ravi.

2 Replies

Hey Ravi! Welcome to the Spotify Community 🙂 

No need to worry, if the correct picture is showing it will correct itself with a little time. The Spotify servers sometimes take a little time to catch up with changes to names, but it should correct itself within 24 hours.

If after that time it is still showing her name, try a quick clean reinstallation of the client and that should clear out any Facebook data hanging around in your client locally. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

This problem is caused by extremely poor usability in the premium purchase process. I too had this exact same situation - you don't find out until after the purchase which account Spotify has decided to link to. Spotify needs to fix their bad processes.

Suggested posts