Premium

Country

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello.

Today my spotify completely broke on pc. It started about 6 months ago when I couldn't see what my friends are listening to. Then about a month ago some songs I searched for didn't play (Blank album cover,didn't have a timer) and today I could only play songs in my playlist (New ones that I added didn't play) so I decided to reinstall spotify. Now I can't play anything (not even a podcast) and all my playlists aren't displaying any songs and it shows that I have 0 songs in every playlist. On my phone everything works fine and my playlists have songs. Please help.

album blank.PNG
empty playlist.PNG

Accepted Solutions
10 Replies

Hi @Issarnik, thanks for writing!

Please try following these steps:

1. Press the windows key and type in spotify (or you could probably just find it on your desktop - if so skip to step 3)

2. Right click on OPEN FILE LOCATION

3. RIGHT-click on the program and left click on PROPERTIES

4. A tab should open up titled SPOTIFY PROPERTIES, with six subtabs labled SECURITY, GENERAL, DETAILS and etc.

5. Select the COMPATIBILITY tab and highlighted in blue is a button labled RUN COMPATABILITY TROUBLESHOOTER.

6. The troubleshooter should run you through the rest!

Again, what this looks like:

Spotify.exe -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Run Compatibility Troubleshooter

Let me know how it goes!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm having the exact same problem. The compatibility settings didn't work neither did running as administrator. I've also tried the windows store version and the online version multiple times (With a full reinstall in between).Capture.PNG

Hey @Beloba03

Did you try the steps I gave above?

BittencourtSpotify Star

I have, I contacted support as well. They said they were aware of this problem and are working on a fix.

all of you 2?all of you 2?

Hi Issnark,

I've had such problems too. I uninstalled Spotify and reinstalled it. An alternative is On Cortana search: Task Manager. If Spotify is there right click it, and click "end task." And try again. Basically, Open Task Manager > Look For Spotify> If there click "end task."

Good Luck!

KSB.

I use your answer a ton. Quite useful. Kudos! @bitencourt

Marked as solution

Hey @KSBGAMING, you're welcome, I'm glad I could help you!

BittencourtSpotify Star

Thanks for the help everyone! 

Suggested posts