Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My username is just numbers and letters

My username is just numbers and letters

I just set up this account on premium using student discount, but my username is all numbers and letters and I don't know how/if I can change it. I want it to be my name so that friends can find me. How do I make my username my full name?

3 Replies

Hi @mishataylor and welcome to the Spotify Community! 🙂

I have copied over Spotify's support article regarding user and profile names for you. Hopefully it helps and have a wonderful day! 🙂

My username is just numbers and letters?

As we look to improve the overall Spotify experience, we’re now automatically generating usernames, hence the random numbers and letters.

You don’t need to remember this to log in. You can log in with just your password and the email address associated with your account.

During sign up, you can personalize your account by creating a profile name that’s displayed in the app. There’s no limitations to a profile name, so you can choose any you like 🙂

Note: It’s not possible to log in with a profile name.

I don't like my username

If you want a profile that displays a different name, you can create a new account. During sign up, you can create any profile name you'd like.

As a heads up, if you choose to create a new account and you have the student discount, you won’t be able to apply it to your new account until 12 months have elapsed since you signed up for it.

Note: It’s not possible to log in with a profile name.

i have tried my email and password no good

Hey @bu90lmm,

Thanks for your post.

Could you let us know what your issue is exactly so that we can help out 🙂

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts