Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My username is not what I set it up as

My username is not what I set it up as

I set my username up as ver.ajamyan, however when I try to log in with that username, it wont let me. It says password or username is wrong - or something along those lines. When I reset my password, I saw that the issue was that the username was wrong and not the password. For some reason, it had set my username up as a mixture of numbers and letters - for example, 23rfhdogsntnlsdrw103fds03jtg. When I logged in with that username, it has my username as ver.ajamyan, but in setting in, it says the number and letter combo as my username. What can I do to fix this? As well as this, on the mobile application, it doesn't let me view my own profile or search other people up that I want to follow. I tried looking up a couple different friends' usernames but it wouldn't show up, however on the desktop app, it let's me view their profiles, playlists and my own. What is going on? I logged in with other accounts on the mobile app, but there is no issue.

2 Replies

Hey @veronikaa02,

at the moment Spotify creates a username for you when you create a new account and you're only able to set a display name.

I'm afraid there is now way to change your Spotify username at the moment.

You can find more information on that in this support article.

Also you could take a look at this community idea and give it a like, so it'll maybe change in the future.

Have a nice day!

LK608

LukeSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @veronikaa02

You can also login with your email address and password instead of having to remember that random string of characters. As mentioned, Spotify allows you to type in what you want your display name to be. ver.ajamyan is your display name.

Regarding the mobile app, are you a free user or a premium user?

Spotify has redesigned the free experince on mobile. Right now you can't view profiles on the mobile app using the free version.

https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/the_basics/spotify-on-mobile/

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts