Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My username is now only a bash of numbers - why?

Solved!

My username is now only a bash of numbers - why?

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

any

My Question or Issue

Since a view month my username was occationaly change from spotify from my real name to a anonymous bash of numbers. How can I can change back my username to normale, since my friends and social connections cant find me anymore!

spotify.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @hugovesi,

I checked in backstage and it looks like you've opted out the Facebook option to process your data from your privacy settings. This will typically hide Facebook name, picture, friends etc. 

You can enable 'Facebook data processing' from their privacy settings over here.

It may take up to 48 hours for the change to display itself. Try to log out and log back in every now and then to refresh.

Hope this helps,

Have a wonderful day!

Music is a world within itself, it is a language we all understand. ~ Stevie Wonder

Leo | Rock Star | Rock Star Program

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey @hugovesi,

As Spotify looks to improve the overall Spotify experience, they’re now automatically generating usernames, hence the random numbers.

Your friends can find you if you share with them a link to your profile. Here's how from the iPhone app: 1: Tap your profile picture in the top left1: Tap your profile picture in the top left

2: Tap the three dots in the top right.2: Tap the three dots in the top right.

3: either tap the huge icon with the Spotify code at the bottom, or tap share.3: either tap the huge icon with the Spotify code at the bottom, or tap share.

During signup, you were able to personalize your account by creating a profile name that’s displayed in the app. There’s no limitations to a profile name, so you were able to choose any name you like 🙂

Note: It's not possible to log in with the profile name.

Hi!

Thanks for the answers and the description so far!

My Problem is, my nativ username from the user profil was deletet and replaced with the number, so it looks like that:

image.png

Also, when I connect to Facebook, I can choose "selecte/Invite all Facebook Contacts" and it shows "0 contacts found". 

It still feels like my acount is somehow "broken".

What do you think?

Hey,

I check this backstage and will get back to you asap!

Sorry for the wait,

Leo

Marked as solution

Hey @hugovesi,

I checked in backstage and it looks like you've opted out the Facebook option to process your data from your privacy settings. This will typically hide Facebook name, picture, friends etc. 

You can enable 'Facebook data processing' from their privacy settings over here.

It may take up to 48 hours for the change to display itself. Try to log out and log back in every now and then to refresh.

Hope this helps,

Have a wonderful day!

Music is a world within itself, it is a language we all understand. ~ Stevie Wonder

Leo | Rock Star | Rock Star Program

hey,

thanks you very much! Seems as this was the problem. I'll have a look the next 48h.

best regards,

dominik

That's awesome! Glad to have helped you out. https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/37i9dQZF1DX7KNKjOK0o75?nd=1

Leo

Suggested posts