Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My username is random numbers and letters?

My username is random numbers and letters?

When I try to log into the spotify desktop app or the website I have to use the username that they gave me(some random set of numbers & letters), or my email. When I am logged in, it shows my username as the one I have chosen, but I can't use it to log in. I also don't have facebook and I didn't sign up with facebook.

65 Replies

Test

yeah nah

Test...

test

Test

Test

test

testing

Test

Hello! You won't be able to log in through the profile name. You can only sign in entering  your user name (composed by the randon set of letter and numbers) or E-mail and password. Note that  user name and profile name  are not  the same thing. User name is automatically generated and it is unchangeable. Profile name is the name you typed on "What should we call you" on the sign up form. User name can only be seen by the owner's account. Publicity your name is shown as the profile name chosen. 

oh

Thank you so much! This is the answer I was looking for.

Test

test

Test

--- well that didn't work. 😞 Anyone know how to fix it? I guess it's not the end of the world but I just enrolled for the community website today & was prompted to enter a username. Why wouldn't it have "taken"?

This is crazy. So many people complaining about this. Additionally to the playlist creator name being borked it is also visible as a random string on my discord profile.  I really don't want to have to make another account.  Is it really that hard to fix on Spotify's end, rather than all the users having to figure it out for themselves, and make new accounts? And making a tweet with @spotifycares to get everything transferred? How ironic.

i have the same problem 😞 

Thats a bit bad then, so its gonna be literally impossible for people to find me without putting in that exact combo on numbers and letters...

test

x

Suggested posts