Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My username is random numbers and letters?

My username is random numbers and letters?

When I try to log into the spotify desktop app or the website I have to use the username that they gave me(some random set of numbers & letters), or my email. When I am logged in, it shows my username as the one I have chosen, but I can't use it to log in. I also don't have facebook and I didn't sign up with facebook.

65 Replies

test?

I had the same problem. All I did was go into the settings and select change username and change it 🙂

hope this helps

testing the reply thing everyones saying to do skdksk

Test

test

I had the same promblem too.. i've tried to change username in spotify community but unfortunately it just worked on spotify community acc, not on my spotify acc 😞 

Test

test -.-

test

Mine used to show my name, but after I changed my avatar on Facebook, my profile name suddenly became a buncha numbers (in playlists and the web version only). Been like this for a year lol.

test

test

test

Hey all,

Could you login on the website and go to Privacy Settings? Check if you have opted out of Spotify processing your Facebook data. When you opt out there, it keeps your account usable but it will stop using a lot of data, for example your name. You can read here what information exactly.

Hope that does the trick. Have a nice day!

another test

👍🏻

test?

test

$

Suggested posts