Announcements

My username is random numbers and letters?

My username is random numbers and letters?

ce2309

When I try to log into the spotify desktop app or the website I have to use the username that they gave me(some random set of numbers & letters), or my email. When I am logged in, it shows my username as the one I have chosen, but I can't use it to log in. I also don't have facebook and I didn't sign up with facebook.

65 Replies

WizLiz

test?

katenewk1

I had the same problem. All I did was go into the settings and select change username and change it 🙂

hope this helps

L0VEM4ZE

testing the reply thing everyones saying to do skdksk

Shinpuru

Test

test

septyandony

I had the same promblem too.. i've tried to change username in spotify community but unfortunately it just worked on spotify community acc, not on my spotify acc 😞 

gr_8di1rj-2w7

Test

scribbyx

test -.-

alarmingsirens

test

MimiTaylor

Mine used to show my name, but after I changed my avatar on Facebook, my profile name suddenly became a buncha numbers (in playlists and the web version only). Been like this for a year lol.

Adithya_Sundar

test

manuellebrun

test

eurypterid

test

Guido

Hey all,

Could you login on the website and go to Privacy Settings? Check if you have opted out of Spotify processing your Facebook data. When you opt out there, it keeps your account usable but it will stop using a lot of data, for example your name. You can read here what information exactly.

Hope that does the trick. Have a nice day!

Red_Hot_Robot

another test

Alyb

👍🏻

Andriano-kun

test?

test

Bungshwi

$

Suggested posts

Env: prod