Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My username on spotify became random numbers and letters?

My username on spotify became random numbers and letters?

It doesn't reflect on here because I had to enter a new name, however my actual account is just gibberish, when it was a username I had personally input prior. I don't know if this is some sort of error on my end or what, but I would like some kind of explanation.

Capture.JPG
10 Replies

Hey @itsnep!

Sounds like you might have opted out of sharing your data with Facebook. You can check this on your account page here. You should also make sure that on Facebook's end here, Spotify has to be allowed to have access to personal data.

Hope this helps and have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I had the same problem!!! I don't have a Facebook account and my profile name is jibberish! Is there really no way to change my profile name without having a Facebook account?? The profile name I set when I first enter Spotify appears to be lost...

Is there really no way to change my profile name without having a Facebook account? I don't have any and the profile name I set when I first enter Spotify appears to be lost...

I don't think that would have anything to do with it, considering I never had a facebook account linked nor do I have a facebook in general.

Well, overnight it seems to have changed back to normal, so I guess it was just a bug on my end. But thanks for the help anyway!

Hello @itsnep!

Apologies for the late reply.

It sometimes can take a bit for the system to update everything, I'm glad to hear everything's fine now though 🙂 Make sure to let me know if this happens again.

Jose_MSpotify Star
handShake30fps.gif

Mine is still just random numbers and letters... 😞 I have upgraded to premium yesterday and I think that's when it went wrong.

Screenshot_20181210-220659.jpg

Hey @GiulianaVenter!

Can you let me know if your account's profile picture is the same as your Facebook's one? I'd also recommend checking out this Support article for tips on how to find additional accounts in case you accidentally created one.

Keep me posted 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

Hi Jose. I don't have a Facebook account. I did have one years ago, but I cancelled it. I put the photo yesterday when I realized my profile was that strange. I do believe I had facebook when I first signed in in spotify, but I honestly don't remember. Is there no way to put a "normal" profile name without an active Facebook account? This is my only spotify account.

Hello @GiulianaVenter!

It sounds like you first created your account with Facebook. However, since that account isn't active anymore, your username has now turned into that auto generated Spotify username. Unfortunately at this time it is not possible to change an account’s username. The closest you can get is to link your Spotify account to your Facebook profile again so that your Facebook display name is the one shown on your account. 

If you are really desperate to change your username, it is possible to create a new account!

Hope this helps 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

Suggested posts