Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My username was changed to random numbers and letters so I can't sign in

My username was changed to random numbers and letters so I can't sign in

I have a free Spotify account. I use the Spotify web browser. I live in the United States. A few weeks ago I restarted my computer, which signed me out of Spotify. This would normally be no big deal but when I tried to sign back into my account using my username "benjswanzi" it said it was incorrect. The password was correct, but I have no email address linked to my account because I created it a long time ago. I then created a new account, which I'm using right now to ask for help, and noticed that I also couldn't sign in with my username I signed up with for this account, which is Swanifier. I then tried to reset my password and noticed that Spotify sent me an email containing my username and password, but even though I show up as "Swanifier" on Spotify, my actual username is also a bunch of random numbers and letters on this new account I made. I made it using a normal Spotify account, it isn't connected to facebook. I can't find a way to recover my original Spotify account because I have no way to know what my actual username is that Spotify assigned me. I am wondering if there is any fix to this or if anyone else has had this happen to them as well?

1 Reply

Hey there @benjswanzi

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

We suggest you head to this help page. Make sure you check all the troubleshooting steps and especially the ones for finding other accounts. This way you'll keep track of all possible accounts you might have created with Spotify. 

It's also a good idea to check out this Spotify Answer. Here you can find more help on the issue you're experiencing. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Suggested posts