Was Free/Now is Premium

Country

Brazil/Brasil

Device

Samsung J5 Prime

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Issue

Before starting paying for Spotify Premium, my username was "[snip - Community Moderator edit]", but, as I confirmed payment, my username changed to "[snip - Community Moderator edit]". And the username is an option that I cannot changed, so now I'm stuck if this code as username, and I'd really like to change back to normal.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @user-removed,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

If your account was created through Facebook, we'd recommend following the steps provided in this Spotify Answer.

Keep in mind that usernames are automatically generated, so are usually a string of random numbers and letters like the one you mention. 

However, when you sign up for a new account through Spotify, you're prompted to choose a display name, like the one you mention. This is how your friends can find you on Spotify, but you won't be able to log in using it. You can access your account with your email and password instead.

Unfortunately, you can't edit your Spotify username or the displayed name you've picked. If you do want to change it, you can find more info here.

On another note, you can change your Community profile's username at any point. To get started, just head to your Settings page here. Once you have picked an available username you like, just tap CHANGE USERNAME.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you have more questions.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

And I'd like to change my Community Member Name too, as I had to put this code as my name because of the change in my name from my account.

Marked as solution

Hey there @user-removed,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

If your account was created through Facebook, we'd recommend following the steps provided in this Spotify Answer.

Keep in mind that usernames are automatically generated, so are usually a string of random numbers and letters like the one you mention. 

However, when you sign up for a new account through Spotify, you're prompted to choose a display name, like the one you mention. This is how your friends can find you on Spotify, but you won't be able to log in using it. You can access your account with your email and password instead.

Unfortunately, you can't edit your Spotify username or the displayed name you've picked. If you do want to change it, you can find more info here.

On another note, you can change your Community profile's username at any point. To get started, just head to your Settings page here. Once you have picked an available username you like, just tap CHANGE USERNAME.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you have more questions.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

I was able to connect to my Facebook account and start using my Facebook name, and I was able to change my username here too. I'm pretty satisfied with the results. Even if I can't change that username, now I don't even have to see it. Thank you for helping me!

Hey there @user-removed,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Glad to hear that you connected your Facebook profile to your Spotify account in order to view your profile name again. Further, it looks like you updated your Community username successfully to what you wanted 🙂

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with. We'll be spotify:track:4XaZExR3GSQllvlEpr8ldb

KaterinaModerator

Suggested posts